Sunday, February 06, 2022

Wordle

For the past week or so I have been hooked on Wordle. I am pretty sure that you have heard about it. Simple game, really. You just have to guess the five-letter word of the day, and you have six attempts. 

So far, I have been able to guess the word on my 4th try. It was the 226th word that I had my best performance. I got it right at my second attempt and I was so pumped that I started singing a song by THE SMITHS:

🎶… And if a double-decker bus

Crashes into us

To die by your side

Is such a heavenly way to die…🎶

If you know the title of this song then you’ll know what the 226 word of the day is. That song was the first thing that came to my mind when I guessed the word right. 

What I love about the game is that it is not complex, and doesn’t take too much of my time. I play it first thing in the morning, around 4-ish in the morning and it helps set the tone for the day. Also, as JDLCB puts it: “ The beauty of Wordle is that it is a soothing, if temporary, salve against the inequities of the world. You know that even Elon Musk has to wait 24 hours to play again, you can’t whip out your credit card to buy clues, and there is literally just one word every day (for the entire human race lolz).”

No comments: