- More than 2,300 American soldiers were killed.
- Close to 36,000 Iraqi women, men and children were also killed.
- Hundreds of billions of dollars were spent. This humungous amount of money could have been spent to:
- build 2,242,728 housing units for the poor people of Africa and Asia
- fund global anti-hunger efforts for 10 years
- fund world-wide AIDS programs for 24 years
- ensure that every child in the world was given basic immunizations for 83 years.
I think now is time for the United States to withdraw from Iraq and let the Iraqi people manage their own affairs.
Stop the War.
Source: BBC and National Priorities Project